My maternal grandmother once told me that I shouldn't ask God for what I want, I have to tell him, so that's what I did. I told him what I wanted in 2015 and for the rest of my life. I told him that I wanted financial freedom, internal peace, immaculate health, and someone special to share it with. I already have half of what I want now here comes the hard part; doing the work to get the other half.
About two years ago I made a list of ten things I want to accomplish before 30. As I checked off my list, I realized I had inadvertently forgotten my faith on the list. I desperately need to have God be the center of my life in order to achieve the various goals and dreams I wish to relish in the new year. As I type this blog, I pray that The Lord hears my prayer and honors my wishes. In the meanwhile, I must reflect on my 2014.
- I traveled to South America for the first of many times thus helping me get closer to my goal of five continents before 30.
- I started working in the field of social services and watched 4 beautiful children transform before my very eyes.
- I made a commitment to someone who I feel I can grow with.
- I started my foray into my masters degree
- I moved into my first "grown up" apartment.
- I created some amazing friendships.
- I created an official business plan for my many businesses.
- I tried my hand at different businesses.
- I started the process of letting go of my internal negativity.
- Lost a person I considered to be a friend.
- Had a few work related injuries.
- Watched someone get to the lowest point in her life.
- Observed a very close relationship spiral out of control.
- Witnessed my weight go up and down once again.
- Allowed my health problems to get out of control.
- Let my impatience get the best of me.
- Missed excellent career opportunities.
I'm a work in progress and I will not stop building until I'm sculpted the way I wish to be.
2015, mold me and make me better.