Friday, January 7, 2011

On a Positive Note


Wow, it has been several days and so much has happened! I hope 2011 is the year where I start to really let my hair down! I cannot wait to see what God has in store for me. While my great-grandma passed away, I have found new ways to look at life. I will no longer complain or spend various hours of my time being angry, what for, I have life! That is all the motivation I need. My immediate I family & I managed to make it all the way to Louisiana from Phoenix. It was a doozy of a journey, but it was so fulfilling. Ironically, the funeral was absolutely beautiful. We sent her up with grace, love, and hope, hope that one day we will be fortunate enough to live even a fraction of 102 years. We did much more traveling. Since we had plans to head to South Carolina for Mrs. Regina's New Years/birthday bash, we rented a car and make the grueling 12 hour journey to my home state. The feeling was simply overwhelming. I never realized how beautiful South Carolina was! I was born there decades ago, but I have not been back since 1990. My homecoming was definitely needed. The state is completely picturesque; REAL palm trees, Spanish moss, warm waters, and friendly faces. I felt right at home. The party was fantastic. We danced the night away. I have some pretty incriminating videos that I will re frame from uploading to sever embarrassment, but let's just say WE DID EVERYTHING BUT THE FUNKY WATUSSY! LOL I needed this break, with my Mama Fannie dying, my grandpa still recovering from a quadruple bypass, and my boyfriend struggling with being the backbone in his family. Mentally and physically life was getting exhausting. No time or energy for anything, but I have left that all in 2010. Life is no picnic, but there is a hereafter, that is definitely what keeps me going. On the way home, I had a thought; why is my New Year's resolution always the same? I always strive to be an overall better person. It never ever changes. Well this year, I have decided to capitalize on my fortunes and misfortunes! I am dedicated more than ever to finish my book and start living with the top down. As much as I hate flying, leaving family, being exhausted, and overspending, the trip was a wake up call. My family and I made it a point to always go home and visit family whenever we can. Our elders are aging and we must cherish every moment. Happy New Year! The thought for the year is "Don't try, DO!" Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment