Wednesday, January 4, 2012

The Newness of a Year




So I failed to list some of the highlights and lowblows of my 2011. Well, here they are, the ten goods and bads of my 2011

  • I did extremely well at Arizona State University. I am likely to graduate with honors.
  • My Great Uncle died, a true blow to the family. R.I.P. Uncle Mike.
  • I got a new car, Estelle. She is awesome in an old, slightly dilapidated way.
  • I went on a weightless bootcamp and loss 30 lbs and tons of money shopping for my new physique.
  • I ended two unhealthy romantic relationships and possibly ruined a friendship beyond repair. Lowblow.
  • Found out some saddening news about my health. Definitely one of my low points. Luckily with weightloss, I gained a small slice of redemption .
  • I met some of the most incredible people. Some were seasonal and others, luckily, are still around...for now.
  • I traveled the majority of my year. I went to Portland for the first time (AAAMAZING!), Los Angeles (just like old times), Louisiana (yet again), Dallas (finally got to enjoy it), San Antonio (first time, looking forward to going back in March), and many other places.
  • Had a chill yet exciting 25th birthday spent with someone who is a kind soul. It was nice.
  • Had one of the best New Year's Eve's of my life spent entirely with family. I was very grateful!

Overall, 2011 was awesome. I learned so many things about who I really am and where I am going. I learned that sometimes it is ok not to be so nice. In fact, sometimes being guarded is more beneficial to your health. I also learned to make a decision and stand firm on it. It is fairly easy to get distracted but, when you are fully determined, it takes ALOT to sway you. And lastly I learned that it is better to give than receive. I am not the most giving person but, this year I believe I made a breakthrough. I gave more than I received and it felt AAAAMAZZZING! I never ask anyone for gifts for my birthday or any occasion. I am grateful for whatever I get. I always accept everything with love and a smile because some of the things I truly desire no one would know or could purchase. I truly desire solace in a crazy and unjust world, no one can buy me that because it is something only I can get...for myself.

The main thing I want in 2012 is to except whatever I cannot change, appreciate what I DO have, work smarter not harder, build healthy, long-lasting relationships of all kinds, all while strengthening my strained ones, and lastly learn how to just BE for a while. I really want to master the art of meditation because it helped some many people I know focus and center themselves in a crazy world, in turn bringing them solace....and that is just what I need. BRING ON 2012, I AM READY!

No comments:

Post a Comment