Sunday, February 20, 2011

Evolution

The times are certainly changing regarding relationships in the world. Women are rising in many arenas such as careers and financial independence. So, why is it that a strong powerful woman with money, education, a career, and minimal baggage are single at ALARMING RATES?!!! Because the modern day American man is not ready for evolution. Evolution is inevitable. Not so much as 50 years ago women were not power players in the work force, they had many glass ceiling issues, and were discouraged from attending college (in fact some schools refused admittance to women). Times have certainly changed. According to the ever so illusive and popular statistics; women are making more money than men in larger numbers, more women attend college, more women graduate college, and women across all school levels have higher grade point averages. So, what's the deal? I'll tell you what I believe is the issue, American men are complacent and stuck in the past. They are terrified of evolution. The world for centuries has been their playground. They have always had the opportunity to have the best jobs, make the most money, and live life on their terms. Unfortunately, as women surpass men in many areas, their lagging finally puts a huge rift in the world of heterosexual relationships. Men who have disposable incomes, with a great careers, money, and freedom DO NOT FEEL THE NEED TO SETTLE DOWN. They feel free and exhibit that in every way. They play the field and feel no need to commit, so where does that leave women, LARGELY SINGLE! The divorce rate is through the roof as well, so where is the balance??!! From experience I have seen the entire reality of the situation. I have dated the man who came from a good stock, had a little change in his pocket, looked half-way decent, and felt like he owned the world. The relationship went no where fast. A single man with a solid career, financial comfort, and limited baggage is a catch. A great-looking, single woman with an excellent career, a ivy league degree, and great morals is tragic! Evolution is near and if the men of the world don't shape up, they will be even more left in the dust. I pray that their revelations happen soon, single is only cute for so long.

5 comments:

  1. We are ready, We just want what you want...
    The right one, right time, right face, right sex, right...

    Jah Jah

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear you Jah, but it does not seem to work out that way. I have met plenty of catches and there always seems to be something bigger there. So what is the real issue?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Im constantly evolving, Im like some Japanese Gucci set to come out in the US 5 years from now, I wonder why someone like me who comes from a background of education runs into so many uneducated women, because if they were educated, they wouldnt overlook their future...Or better yet overlook the fact that I am educated...Women take me for a fool but yet some think Im sexy, I know Im sexy but Im no dummy. LOL Just my 2 cents.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Babygirl...get on Twitter ASAP...start gaining followers, then post links to your blog on there and facebook, I had to jump through hoops to get signed up for this site but lets make it worth it...LOL...Get at me, you know my number.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Eddie. I just saw this nugget you left. Men of all walks of life are being looked over for another's faults. It sucks, I know. Eitherway, I am glad you follow my blog. Unfortunately, I refuse to do twitter. I simply can't do that. But, I will find other productive and positive ways to promote my blog. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete