Saturday, February 12, 2011

"A Mid-life Lesson"

Today was a particular overwhelming day. I got up at an appropriate hour to be in class by 9:40 a.m. As luck would have it, the devil is always lurking in the wings. He devised an evil plot to make me tardy, he succeeded. I was 8 minutes late to Critical Lit! I was irrecoverably pissed! I always aim for promptness regarding my scholastic endeavors, so this was a major wrinkle in my plans. This pretty much set the tone for my day, RUSHING, RUSHING, & MORE RUSHING! It is definitely a formula for a splitting headache. This is where this week's life lesson came in handy. In the midst of my consistent rushing, I forgot to leave certain items & keep others. Needless to say, this sparked the interest of my dad who decided to indulge me in a little "mature adult, mid-life lesson." I felt utterly guilty, so I obliged him. He said, "organization is key in the life, we wish to lead." At first, I was prepared to completely ignore as I do anyone who is repeating superfluous information, this time I actually listened. And for the first time, I humbled myself to admit, he was right. I had spent my whole week procrastinating, forgetting vital details, & rushing to meet deadlines. I have spent extra gas, money, & time doing things over when I could have done them the right the first time. This set me into action. I have made a list of all the things I want to accomplish this week. Rather than merely fantasizing about what I "might get around to doing," I need to start doing them. Hell, tell myself all day, this list is my lifeline, LET'S MAKE EVERYTHING ON IT HAPPEN! So, the first incredibly simple piece of lethal advice I received from my nearly geriatric pa (jk) is to be organized, in his slightly judgmental voice " No man wants a messy woman." Eye, eye captain!

No comments:

Post a Comment