Thursday, December 20, 2012

Graduation

Another year has passed and I have learned so much and gained even more! 

I have truly learned the essence of the phrase "It's not where you start, but where you finish."

I started out ambivalent about college and "traditional studies" as I felt I was a renegade and a social 

butterfly who wanted to roam the world a free woman, but real life hit me and made me realize that life 

is not a fairytale. Every single thing I do in my life effects my future  in some way and I must be 

conscious in order to be successful. 


Now that I have braved the storm, took the courses, stressed out for hours, cried myself to sleep, beat 

myself up, worried repeatedly, freaked out, yelled and screamed, doubted my abilities, and even 


questioned my place in the world, I realize I am right where I am supposed to be! Nothing in my life 


has been a mistake or an accident. Everything is in its rightful place and now I am floating onto my 


destiny!



As I walk with all the faith in the world into this new and bountiful year, I ask only one thing of you 

Lord: please allow me to never forget your undying love for me and to keep me focused on the things 

you want for me because the things you have for me, no one else can have, BUT ME! 




Thank you for loving on me, making me realize my worth, opening my eyes to my own mistakes, 

helping me right my wrongs, and giving me the opportunity to always be better because you wake me 


up everyday. Your grace and mercy is unfathomable. I love you and thank you for carrying me through 


yet another degree. I started at at Arizona State University a young and completely unconscious girl and 


tomorrow, I graduate a wise and highly intelligent woman on the brink of massive success! 


I couldn't be more happy if I tried. Thank you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment