Monday, December 31, 2012

Starting Over

                                                                     The New Year's Recap

Every year since I started this blog nearly 3 years ago, I do a yearly recap on the highs and lows of my year to mark my growth. Well, here goes! 

Highs of 2012 


  • Graduated Cum Laude from Arizona State University with a second degree in English Literature  
  • Successfully went vegetarian and will be celebrating a years worth of vegetarianism in February
  • Taught an entire class by myself 
  • Became a sex educator 
  • Built many strong and significant relationships with new friends, colleagues, and mentors 
  • Bought my first luxury car, a 2013 BMW 128I Coupe 
  • Did two successful herbal cleanses back to back
  • Wrote my first television show
  • Started working a fantastic job at a comedy club that is super fun
  • Became a published author
  • Dyed my hair for the first time
  • Started rolling skating again as a new hobby 
  • Started my own online radio blog show 
  • Had a traditional college graduation and ceremony 
  • Learned how to better deal with my feelings and emotions 
Lows of 2012 

  • Ended my relationship with someone I considered the love of my life 
  • My weight went up and down
  • Wasting too much energy on negative people 
  • Not trusting my gut instincts
  • Allowing regret to eat away at me
  • Not forgiving myself for the past mistakes I have made 
  • Did not completely eliminate certain people from my life 
2012 will go down as one of the best years of my life for the obvious reasons and for many more unstated. I have gained a wealth of knowledge from my education, realized my potential and self-worth on new levels, changed my outlook on life, and everyday I will continue to work on being a better me. With a new car, new degree, new outlook, and soon a new city and career 2013 will be even better! 

No comments:

Post a Comment