Sunday, November 21, 2010

The Conjure Pot


People have many stereotypical opinions about Scorpios; we're freaks, controlling, manipulative, and self-absorbed. I digress! I do not feel I am any of those things. I have the ability to be that way, but so does anyone else. Those traits do not stop at Scorpios! I just needed to clear that up for all the Scorpio haters. So, my birthday was bittersweet, I was injured at Juicy Couture, saw my friends, and actually had fun for the first time since I went to Miami in June. Thank you God, for allowing me to have a rich indulgence of fabulosity. I read a blog this week that sparked my interest, Are Black Girls too Loyal? In a word, YES! We have always been down for our men despite cruelty, been patriotic to a country that openly despises us, and work hard in spite of various forms of prejudice. In my humble opinion, women are more loyal on all levels. We typically see the glass as half-full, we fight vigorously even with the odds stacked against us, and we love hard even when we are being pushed away. Double all those qualities for Black women. The hardships we face in the world, NO OTHER WOMAN COULD EVER IMAGINE! The only reason we are not completely ignored is because our complexion is not fair, but our needs are rarely answered efficiently. I am not saying this to complain, I am saying this to say that, being seen and being heard will always be separate entities. When the two unite, it is a powerful combination! Women have always been discouraged not to merge the two. Double for Black women. That is why we fight. We have a somewhat guarded or stoic stance because our supposed protectors, abandon their jobs. That leaves us weak and vulnerable for anything. So excuse, the few of us with bad tempers or attitudes, we have just had way too many awful experiences not to be cautious and sometimes being a bitch is the only thing a woman has to hold on to.

No comments:

Post a Comment