Thursday, December 9, 2010

To me, you will always be my lil stinky face Pooties!


Seven years ago God blessed me with the most surprising, precious Christmas gift; a lil baby girl named Aaniyah! I will never forget the first day I met her. My mother had called me from upstairs, I was doing homework as I was a junior in high school. I reluctantly came downstairs and I was immediately surprised. My mother was holding this lil tiny baby in her arms. She was just laying there cooing. I took one look at her and I FELL HEAD OVER HEELS! She was beautiful. I asked if I could hold her and I didn't put her down until her mother came to pick her up. I felt this magnetic force pulling me toward her. Aaniyah's journey was not easy; she was almost 3 months premature and almost didn't survive. The almighty God we have saw her through her trials and now she has turned seven and hopefully will turn many more ages. I forged a close relationship with her mother, Ms. Devonee Peterson. We spent so much time hanging out. Every week we would watch our weekly lineup and favorite shows at the time; the first 48 hours & Chappelle show! There was never a dull moment! That was seven years ago, now I am 24 and Aaniyah is 7! I CANNOT BELIEVE HOW TIME FLIES! It honestly has been quite an adventure watching her grow into a little lady. She is so smart, intuitive, charming, and most of all, HILARIOUS! I have to credit her mother for such a great child. On her birthday we went to go see Tangled and had a pure blast. I pray we have many more birthdays where I can stand back and rest assure that my favorite little girl is growing into a lovely, talented, and even more beautiful young lady. Love you Pooties, forever and always! Love, Auntie O

No comments:

Post a Comment