Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Worth It All


Last week was a whirlwind, modestly put. I started my new job scaring people @ The Rawhide Haunted Nest, I went to El Paso for my best friend's baby shower, and I rode the bus for the first time in a long time... BY MYSELF! First off, the bus ride was very calming for some odd reason. I guess I had spent so much of my week rushing (baby shower gift, working) that I did not spare a second to just be. The bus ride finally gave me that solitude and I was eternally thankful for it. I finally got to finish a book that is now a month overdue! I also got to observe another side of travel. The bus gets such a horrid rep when in actuality, it is a rather sufficient way to travel. You would probably spend double the amount a single adult ticket costs on gas for your car. You would also have to worry about spending and room for luggage. It is much better in the long run, however, I will not be taking anymore bus rides in the future if I can avoid it. Too many weirdos, prostitutes, and odors for me to get over, simply put. The Haunt was a total success, although it needs to be scarier, it still has ENORMOUS potential. On Monday last week, I went to the doctor because my lymph node on the right side of my neck was killing me. I had blood taken and were tested for some routine Acid Reflux things. I always over anticipate the results of lab work being a true 2 weeks. Well, you can imagine my shock and horror and fear quadrupled when I received a call this afternoon from the doctor himself. Since I was just shy of a week of what I expected, I knew something was horribly wrong. Thankfully, I was fine. No strangeness within organs, blood was normal, and nothing too major with Acid Reflux beyond a lil bacteria that antibiotics will treat. I was relieved. El Paso was surprisingly fun! As a native Louisianian I have been on my share of Texas trips but, mostly driven though and not really stopping to enjoy TX beyond Dallas (relatives). I always remember two things when passing through El Paso; we're close to home (5 hours from Phx) or we were just starting through awful Texas (14 hours alone!). I got to see my bestie and she was beautiful. She had that sun-kissed, effervescent, pregnant glow that was doubled by her already overwhelming beauty. At first, I was worried about her being away from her fiance while pregnant but, with her family so close, I was satisfied. The baby shower was great fun. Lots of games, smiles, and shenanigans to keeps plenty of smiles on everyone's face. I normally rule the baby shower games but, for some strange reason, I had an off day. I accept defeat and move on. But, next time, I will not be so nice! Overall, the trip was what I needed. When I lived in LA, I used to say "A girl has to leave this city at least once every 3 months;" it is no different with Phoenix! We ate, I drank, and we were definitely merry! I got to see Jalen, Kathy's stepson. He is beyond precious. He is so smart and intuitive! She is blessed to have him as her bonus child, in the words of Jada Pinkett-Smith. I was just relieved to bond with my friend. We talked so much, I literally felt tired. I got a chance to feel my godson kick, it made me realize how miraculous pregnancy is. One minute, it is a lil sprinkle of a something, months later it is a baby! I am still in awe of the awesome God we have. I pray everyday that he is healthy! I just can't wait to meet him. The down side to the trip is how much I realized I want to be a mama very soon. I thought 7 years and I may be ready, now it's looking like 3! I proudly made the declaration to my boyfriend, who said so galantly "Why not tomorrow?" He only added to my growing curiosity! All in all, 2010 has been surprisingly good to me. I have a job (in a brutal repression), decent health (just got confirmation), lovely friends (who I ride buses to see!), a good man, and my ambition which drives me to do what I must do, START THE REVOLUTION! Until the revolution starts, I will be a vegetarian for the month of October and maybe even longer. Although my health isn't totally shot, it needs some work and I need to stop putting off losing weight like it will get easier. The time is now. And the countdown is set by, the end of October, I will hopefully be healthier, more focused, a lil richer (3 jobs), and my beautiful godson will be here for us all to love and enjoy up close and personally. Life is sweet, so I will continue to indulge myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment