Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Optimism

"If I knew what I know now then" is something I pondered today. I was thinking back to my life a few years ago and all the people within it. I would say about 70% of those people are still around. The 30% that perished obviously did so for a reason much bigger than my comprehension. God must have saw some things that I did not. Still, I cannot help but think of them, especially one in particular. We were inseparable, shadows, we practically finished each others sentences. Our split was not even close to amicable. I prayed that things would smooth over upon our departures but, such is not the case. Make no mistake about it, I do think of her often but, I am a firm believer that God has the blueprint to our lives perfectly mapped out. And if those people were meant to be there, they most definitely would be. Maybe it wasn't our time or maybe the union was not meant to be at all. Who really knows? The almighty does, that is for sure. I know this is reaching a bit but, I wish I could have a hint sometimes. If I knew what I know now, would I have even made the mistakes I made in life? Befriended those hollow individuals? Created some of the messes I made? I am not sure, today, without a doubt, I say, NO, tomorrow's answer could be different. I guess I will lean on faith for future reference.

No comments:

Post a Comment