Saturday, July 24, 2010

Spinning

Ok so, it's 2:08a.m., the t.v. is on mute, and I am still entranced by the lovely Janelle Monae. A creative genius has plenty of thoughts, but the organization is keen. It is also something I do not currently have.I am praying for the inspiration and direction I need to guide me to that formula for success. My father told me if I could not think off the top of my head that I should write down my thoughts so, here goes. Next week will mark an entire year and a month since my life changed drastically. I moved from Hollywood to a much more calm Phoenix. Though the city is nothing new, the feeling most definitely is foreign. For the first time in my life, I feel extremely conflicted. I had it all figured out. I moved to Los Angeles at 18 and I was going to become a graduate of The American Academy of Dramatic Arts and a well respected actress by 20. It was a plan still very immature in its infancy. Many things went well and plenty of things went wrong. All and all, the information and the lessons that I learned were invaluable. I can never make those same mistakes again. I can truly say I AM better. As for the scars, they are still healing. I opened a wound the other day when I saw pictures of my stolen car. I cried for hours on Friday, so much to the point of exhaustion which prompted a restless nap. I know things happen for a reason but, I have yet to really comprehend the turn of events that prompted my leaving LA. I accept fault for what role I played and even for the things I cannot change. And I pray faithfully everyday for direction and for my own salvation. Today, I pledge to never feel bad or beat myself up for those events anymore. Today is the resurrection!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, that had to be difficult! I will be praying for peace. It is so hard when we do not understand the hows and the whys of events but know that all things work together for the good of those who serve the Lord, even when we can't see it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree completely Sammy. Even when we don't feel that God is "doing what he should do", he is always working on behalf. It is up to us to remain in good and never let the past, present, or future deter our faith.

    ReplyDelete