Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Our Anniversary

So August 9th, 2010 marks the day that I became acquainted with Mr. Jimmy Samaras. He is the love of my life and I could not be any happier. He has cemented a special place in my heart and I'm blessed to have him. I would love to tell you our ride has not been rocky, but that would untrue. The low points, thankfully did not outweigh the highs. We have made it through our first year. I can honestly say beyond a shadow of a doubt, that I never foresaw us lasting a whole year. My typical dating behavior hasn't been incredibly stable. I tend to tire of men pretty quickly which is why I'm a bit of a loner. A protective shield to avoid disappointment, something I have never been that good at accepting. I have had some instances of disappointment while in this relationship, but the love that I possess for Jimmy trumps any hurt. That has never happened to me before. In the past, if a person let me down I wasted no time erasing them from my life. It sounds harsh, but someone had to protect my heart. I can honestly say this relationship taught me that you can run from disappointment and hurt, but eventually it will it catch up to you. On a much needed break, I had time to reflect on us.  I realized no one makes me feel the way he does. No man touched my heart the way Jimmy does. That is when I knew that I was not ready to throw in the towel. I may see cuties and hot guys out and about but at the end of the day, I know what I have and I would not trade it for anything in the world. Our love is like a diamond; beautiful, big, and everlasting. There may be some small flaws, but the love is forever! I love you Jimbo and happy 1 year anniversary!

No comments:

Post a Comment