Thursday, August 5, 2010

Second Star to the Right

I think that every person should set strict guidelines and goals for themselves so that they can master the gentile art of disciple. Disciple is a science still in its infancy and constantly being researched. I have so much on my plate. This will only add even more intrigue to this slow simmering novel I am currently constructing. I went to my adviser at ASU and spoke with her rather intricately about all the details of the Creative Writing program at ASU. I was so delighted to hear all the amazing information. I get to investigate more literature than I already have, continue to write my own poetry, and greatly improve all my skills so that I am the most complete writer possible. I used to kick myself so hard for not going to a four year university straight out of high school but, now I'm more grateful for my decision to go to my acting conservatory and hone my skills. I have a vast wealth of knowledge in the world of arts. Those experiences in Los Angeles have truly shaped me as an adult. I see the world and all its dimensions. I am not so sure that I could say that had I decided to go straight to college and not immerse myself in my passion I would be this worldly, intelligent individual I am today. I am far more focused, bound, and determined to be a success. I did not have those passions at 18. You see when I was 18, I was running from so much; disappointment, shame, and mostly myself. I had done some unthinkable things, made some life-altering mistakes, and inevitably switched paths. I used to believe that if I could wipe out all that had occurred after 17, I would be the happiest person alive but, now I am not so sure. I was so green and naive before 18. I could have fallen victim to far more mischief and trouble had I not decided to open my eyes. Now that those sparkling brown eyes are open nothing and no one will ever close them again. I can clearly see that God is perfect and all of the things that occur in our life are preordained and created to occur for a particular reason. I am not entirely sure why but, eventually it will be revealed to me. I just hope I'm ready for the revelation when it comes.

No comments:

Post a Comment